Instant Pot for Christmas from Erik’s mom! Another kitchen toy to play with! 🙂 We’ve been trying out several pressure cooker recipes and so far my favorite is the vegetable soup from fatfreevegan.com. It’s very simple to make using a pressure cooker or a pot on the stove.
Servings: about 4 full bowls or 6 side bowls
- about 12 oz. frozen California vegetable blend (no added sauce or seasonings!)
- about 12 oz. frozen Italian vegetable blend (no added sauce or seasonings!)
- 1 15-oz. can diced or fire-roasted tomatoes
- 1 15-oz. can cannellini beans or other white beans (undrained)
- 1 15-oz. can pinto or kidney beans
- ¼ cup quinoa, rinsed
- 1 tbs. dried basil
- 1 tbs. garlic, minced
- ½ tbs. dried oregano
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- 3 cups boiling water
- Optional: 1 tbs. hot sauce (I never get to add this because Erik won’t eat it if I do)
For a pressure cooker:
If you’re using an Instant Pot or other pressure cooker, add all the ingredients to the pot, stir, and set the pressure cooker to High or Manual pressure for 2 minutes.
When the time is up, turn your Instant Pot off, wait about 10 minutes, then carefully turn the vent knob to Steam. It can take several minutes for it to finish venting steam before it will let you open the lid.
Taste test and add more seasonings if you want, then serve immediately.
Normal cooking method:
Add everything to a large pot plus one additional cup of water and allow it to simmer until the quinoa is done and all vegetables are cooked through and tender.